If you run and own a website, you should consider creating a domain name first. It is a name in which you will use to identify your website. It doesn’t need to be an organization or company name. You can enter anything you want it to appear in the website.
Why is it important to have a domain name?
- It is important to have a domain name because of these several reasons:
- Your friends, current and possible clients can easily identify your site name.
- It gives your business credibility. If they like your website content and products, they will be eager to do business with you.
- People will easily remember the name of your business name and website. They will visit your website regularly if you have a domain name.
- A domain name is also useful if you want to attract advertisers.
Registering a domain name is important since it is the main name of your website and sometimes, serves as a keyword for search engines. Most webhosting provider offer service like domain name registration for free, while some offers it in a specific price.
Tutorial on how to get your own domain name
Here are the complete step by step instructions on how to get your own domain:
- Always think of a good name to use in your domain name. It should represent your personality, goals in life, business, company and etc. Make sure you that your name is unique to avoid errors.
- For those who want to get a domain name from a hosting company, make sure you have a debit or credit card or a PayPal account. You will use it in paying for the domain service.
- If you are currently subscribed to a hosting service, get the primary and secondary name servers. It can be seen from the FAQs section.
- If in case you still do not have a web host, allow the registrar to park your domain. By doing this, your domain name will be secured.
There are several registrars available on the web. But only few can meet your domain needs. Listed below are the four top web hosting company that delivers and offers reasonable, reliable and affordable domain name registration service.
1st Namecheap – They offer a domain service for only $10 per year. Their domain service comes with other special features like free web redirection, email forwarding, free domain name parking and etc. They also offer a wide variety of domain extensions such as: .biz, .info, .us, .co.uk, .co, .de, etc. You can use either a credit card or PayPal for your purchases.
2nd dotster.com – This is one of the most popular registrars in the market. Their domain service rate starts at $15.70 plus inclusions like privacy facility and web interface.
Always remember to have a unique domain name. It can help you in many ways.